Friday, March 22, 2013

Koh Chang - Koh Samui Voyage. Delivery of mono hull "Something Different" Day 1

21/3/2013
Finally arrived in Koh Chang after almost 12 hours of journey from Koh Samui to Koh Chang.
During this trip I had to travel by plane, mini buses, taxi, ferry. The journey was even though long by my standard but towards the end was not disappointed as I still remember the spectacular view in the evening towards the end of the trip. It was just so nice to stand at the ferry pier opposite Koh Chang island and watch a fantastic sunset before I could get on board.

My first impression of the island that evening was that it was pretty laid back and less crowded then Samui, Phuket. I managed to find a budgeted backpacker bungalow at White Sand Beach for around US $ 17 per night with air con away from the beach. Could have been better place to stay but I was just for the night so no fuss. I am used to worst in the past. The accommodation in general does not seem expensive here even for the upper range.

Russian and Chinese have even invaded this place too.

22/03/2013
White Sand Beach was nice place to visit in the morning. It is the most busy beach here on this island of Koh Chang but to me it seemed much less crowded as compared to Chaweng in Koh Samui. At noon I took a taxi and headed to Bang Bao beach. The roads here go up and down the hills and not a place for drivers with weak skills.

I caught up with my boss and we chilled out for a few hours in a nice restaurant along the pier having a few beers. He was very pleased with the performance of his boat which he sailed during the past few days. My first impression on getting on this boat was real nice and cool. We sailed with this mono hull from Bang Bao to another close by island. We have put up anchor here and will spend the night. Tommorow our long journey to Samui begins in early morning. Time to get some much needed sleep.

Wish I could have spend a few more days here in Koh Chang a real nice island in Thailand.



No comments: